Friday, December 11, 2009

Wedding Anniversary



I can honestly say that the BEST day of my life, aside from Greyson's birth, was the day I married Chad. Chad is an amazing husband and father. He is my soulmate and my best friend. I cannot imagine my life without him. Today we celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary. Because Chad had to be in Las Vegas for business we decided to turn it into an anniversary getaway. We ate dinner at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant which overlooks the entire city. From the view, we were able to see the water show in front of the Bellagio Hotel. It was absolutely breath taking. While awaiting dinner, we made a list of our 10 best memories together...

1. The Proposal http://www.mywedding.com/chadandbrannanforever/stories.html



2. Wedding/Honeymoon



3. Greyson's Birth


4. Breckenridge Snowboarding Trip


5. Moving into Our New House


6. Summer Boating Days


7. First trip to Disneyland


8. New Year's Eve 2005


9. Flagstaff/Snow Bowl/Lowell Observatory


10. Our First Family Vacation


Just before leaving, Chad reached into his jacket pocket. He pulled out two 4x6 photo cards and began reading aloud the words that were printed on them. I quickly realized he was reading his wedding vows to me. It wasn't the words that I heard that made me realize this, rather the lack of words and tears in his eyes that gave it away. He was just as choked up as he was on our wedding day. My eyes welled up with tears as I listened to the words he struggled to speak. He managed to get through them, but says he is certain that even 50 years from now he will have just as hard of a time.

Wedding Video Montage
(For the record, we were not nearly as red as this video makes us look!)

4 comments:

M or J said...

How cute!!!!! I love being married so much and I just love when other people love it too! In a time when all we read about is Tiger Woods being a jerk, it's so refreshing to read something as sweet as this. I love that Chad whipped out the 'ol vows and read them to you. How romantic! The video was so beautiful. What a wonderful thing marriage is - to spend the rest of your life with your best friend and to know that the list of memories will go on and on. Happy Anniversary!
By the way, I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I saw it on the Facebook homepage one day when you posted something for Whitney, so I thought it would be fun to follow it along with my other friend's blogs. It's fun to read about other Mommies experiences. Hope that's okay! :)
-Jennie

Katrina said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I love how you documented your 10 favorite memories together! I love the picture of your proposal -still makes me giggle to think he had to sneak in past the principal! :)

Brooke said...

I absolutely loved reading this entry, along with viewing the montage. You and Chad are absolutely adorable together. Happy two year Anniversary to the both of you!

Kristen said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! Now I'm in love with Chad too! :) Had no idea you had a wedding website. Had fun going through it! Loved that too! Congratulations! Two years - 100 more to go! Have fun with those too! It only gets better!