Sunday, October 10, 2010

Greyson's 2nd Birthday


I can't believe my baby is 2 years old! This year's birthday theme was "Party Like A Rockstar". Greyson's love for music and instruments was my inspiration.


The Invitation


"Hollywood Walk of Fame" which included all of the kid's names.


The trick here was to keep Greyson off the back of the couch so I wouldn't have to hang the stars a hundred times before the party started.


Each party favor bag contained a microphone, a kazoo, star stickers, guitar bubbles, a rockstar tattoo, yogurt covered pretzel rods made to look like drum sticks, and a CD which included Greyson's favorite songs.


Auntie Whitney made cupcakes with music notes on them. We also had star-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.


Here is the birthday boy sitting in the birthday chair! He is very excited about blowing out his birthday candle!


Please keep your eyes on Greyson and not the fat pregnant lady!


He tried to blow out the candle a few times but I couldn't seem to get the candle in the line of fire...I had to help a little.


What kid doesn't love cupcakes?!


Carter


Brayden


Ella, Julia, and Isabel or Julia, Ella and Isabel :-)


Greyson sharing a bite of his cupcake with Auntie Whitney.


Birthday Hug


Diego & Regan


Auntie Whitney tattooed all of the kiddos.


Griffin apparently doesn't have a very high pain tolerance.


Daddy and Greyson were found in the laundry room taking a little breather from all of the chaos. I find it very hard to believe that they may actually have been doing laundry!


For some reason I never got a picture of Charlie! This was actually taken at Diego's birthday party a few days later, but I had to include him!!! That look he is giving you says it all!!!


We had a HUGE hail storm toward the end of Greyson's birthday party...it had to be a record breaker for Arizona, especially in October. The smallest piece of hail was the size of a golf ball. There were a ton of dents in all of our cars along with a little house damage too. This is a picture of Greyson and Diego watching the hail come down.

We waited until after the party to open Greyson's presents. 2 year olds just don't have it in them to sit and watch another 2 year old open presents. This gift was a big hit with Greyson, but not so much with Chad. He thinks it's just an accident waiting to happen...time will tell.


Greyson had a great time at his party and he is so proud to say that he is 2 now. I am having a difficult time accepting the fact that 2 years went by so quickly. My baby boy turned into a kid overnight! Daddy and I are so proud of you Greyson. You amaze us daily. We love you more than you will ever know.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Absolutely adorable, PRICELESS pictures! Greyson's birthday party was so much fun!!! You did a fabulous job creating such a special day for Grey and all of his friends! I love you sis!!

Tina said...

Wow! Greyson really isn't a baby anymore! What a great party! I'm so proud of you...I love you so much. Great pictures too!!! Love mom

Shannon and Jon said...

Hi there. You're son's birthday was adorable. :) We're planning a musical theme for our son's 3rd birthday party in September and I love the pretzel rod drumstick idea. Can you tell me what size velum bags you used? I like how they're just skinny enough to fit two. (Hopefully this isn't too random - I was Googling for ideas.)